Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Random

Hello to anyone interested! I just want to share my thoughts. I have always been like, "Hey, want to hear a fun useless fact?", and that's how I start to share anything random. I figure it gives people a proper warning of what my mind is getting ready to throw at them. So, Hey wanna hear a fun useless fact?
I'm almost done with my BS degree, and am super excited to just be finished! However, my goal is to go to dental school. Now this shouldn't be a problem, at least it wouldn't be for a man. Here let me explain:
1. To go to dental school, I would have to join the military to fund it. I can't afford that amount without going Navy or Airforce.
2. I am married to a Marine, so we would be a part for the time I was in school. (4 years)
--With the military he doesn't have the option to be near me UNLESS my school is near where he will be stationed. That is just how the military works.
3. I waited to go to college, so by the time I graduate dental school I would be pushing 31ish. That is not old...at all!! BUT..I wanted to have my first child before 30, and if I go to school..not gonna happen.
4. If I go military there is a good chance I will get deployed, and worse case is I could die.

I'm not a pessimist...but hey this is a big deal to me.

So here is my rant and rave!! With being a woman sometimes we feel like we have to chose between our family or our career. Luckily, I have a wonderful husband who supports me. I still feel guilty about not having kids right out the gate. My mom calls me to remind me that she is not getting any younger and she would like to be able to enjoy her grandkids. GEESH! I want a career, and have the option to give my child a secure future. Now all I hear on T.V. is "women will lose 90% of their eggs by 30". Great, so if I have complications when I finish dental school...then it is all my fault that I waited, and it will make me feel like I chose my career over family.

Men never have to go through this. They don't have to push to have kids, if the tools work they can have kids up until the day they die. Even with the progress women have made we are still held back by our own personal shackles. We still feel like we have to provide a family, healthy children. AND if we don't, well then we are failures for what we were created for. I hesitate with any choices in life. I've learned from past experiences to ALWAYS LOOK..always. So, I am trying to figure out what to do. I have no idea.

1 comment: